Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Praise be to God

Updates...

The little boy who we thought might be taken at any moment:
Our AWESOME new social worker jumped into fight mode to protect our little ones. They left this morning to travel the hour to the town where the family lives. She visited with the family, talked with them, and took pictures of their home to turn in to the courts.
We had been told by the family and by two aunts, who had traveled here late last week to warn us, that they had been given the new order to take the kids out. After interviewing the family our social worker realized that they did not have any order to take the kids out. They had the order given to them a year ago placing the kids in protective services for exactly one year. The family thought that as the year was up, they could simple take the kids away.
That is not how it works, and we were able to turn in our report of the families inability to care for them before they even tried to talk to the judge about getting them out.
We were also told by the Peruvian social sstem that the kids have actually already been declared abandoned, and that the court just simply forgot to communicate that to the family or the orphanage (ignoring the ridiculousness to focus on the good). That means instead of worrying constantly that they'll go home and be abused and pleading with God for His portection, I (we) can begin praying for a forever family for these three precious children. This means that soon they will be put on the waiting list for adoption... and until the family comes for them, they will be safe and sound here in the orphanage.
This is a beautiful blessing from the Lord. Thank you for your prayers.

The one we were afraid would never have a forever family:
We were able to sit down and talk with the two workers from MIMDES yesterday. After reviewing the file and talking about the characteristics of this sibling set, they concided that there was a possibility they could go positively in adoption. Her exact comment was "I came here decided that there was no way they were going in adoption. I thought they'll just go with the grandpa or stay there forever. Whatever... But you all convinced me there might actually be hope. I think they might actually get to be adopted."
They met with the older two siblings. I wasn't there, but I was told that it went very well. We have two weeks to turn in reports and letters from the kids. Then a final decision will be made.
I am hopefull and positive. I think there is a VERY strong probability they will get put on the list to be made available for adoption.

Now there are six more kids here at our home to pray that a family comes for them....
"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. John 14:18"

I am amazed at the speed in which God the Father worked and answer our petitions. My heart is blessed and encourage, not only by the faithfulness of a God who protects the "least of these," but by the outpouring of love, support and prayer I recieved yesterday after posting.
Thank you to every one of you that lifted my boys and their future up to the Lord.
"Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.” Mt 18:19-20

1 comment:

leslie.kidd said...

Great news!! Praise God!!