Friday, August 29, 2008

I´m Here!

Sorry for the delay in posting, but I am here safe and sound. I got to the albergue sometime Wednesday afternoon. I unpacked and said hello to some old friends and then then went to bed. I was very exhausted. Yesterday was my first full day here, and it was wonderful. I spent the morning helping in the kitchen (washing fruit baskets cutting open cans with a knife, snapping peas, peeling hot potatos with my fingers). Then I did ¨juegos¨ for a while in the afternoon. I tried to teach a little girl how to ride a bike, but she only wanted to pedal backwards... cause it was easier. We had a going away party for a girl who was adopted, and then it was bedtime again. Today I sat in on my first staff meeting, I am going up to the sand dunes later this afternoon, and then to a BONFIRE!!!! on the beach this evening. Life is fantastic!
Things in Peru tend to change a lot... so my responsibilities for the year have already changed. I am now going to be in charge of taking care of the vegetable garden too... yikes. It should be interesting. I think I am going to have a lot on my plate this year (even more than i thought before), but I am excited about all the ways I am going to grow and all the ways I can invest in the lives of the people here over my time in the albergue. More soon... and maybe some pictures too.

1 comment:

myelnasa said...

Praise God for getting you there safely. I know He will use you to bless many while you are there. I wait anxiously for every update. You are sorely missed! Much love to you.